One person’s idea of what constitutes a healthy lifestyle can be quite different to someone else’. We are all different with varying body shapes and medical histories, there can be no one definitive healthy lifestyle.
Generally a person who does not smoke at all or drink too much, has varied and sensible eating habits, takes regular exercise and is not classed as too much under or overweight can be classed as having a healthy lifestyle.
You may be looking at that list and thinking that hardly any of those things describe you or your lifestyle, but do not panic as it is never too late to improve your lifestyle and become healthier.
Whatever place you are starting from and no matter how unhealthy you believe your lifestyle is, you can start to improve it by taking a few basic steps.
Here are a few simple things you could start doing now: –
- Turn off the TV and go for a brisk walk.
- Cut back on the fried food and takeaways.
- Eat more fresh fruit and vegetables.
- Reduce the portion size of your meals.
- Go for a swim or a bike ride.
- Drink less alcohol and more water.
- Gradually reduce the number of cigarettes you smoke.
- Walk to work more often, or park further away from the office.
- Go for a brisk stroll during your lunch hour.
- Take up a new hobby that involves physical activity.
- Cut out a few of your salty and sweet snacks.
- Set the alarm half and hour earlier and go for a walk or jog.
- Stop eating when you feel full, not bloated.
- Play sports with family or friends.
Incorporating a handful of small changes on a daily basis will add up to make a huge difference with your lifestyle. Start thinking more healthy, start doing more healthy things and you will soon have a healthier lifestyle.