What do you mean by ‘Staying Young at Heart’ (SYAH)? The saying refers not to the physical phenomenon of clogged arteries, but to the age-accelerating health harms that can come from losing faith in life’s goodness. Yes, it is a real challenge to accept the fact that you are becoming older when you are at the middle age.
In the morning, I saw an ad in HT front page that reminds you to be staying young at heart:
N K Protiens Ltd., the first edible oil company to get accreditation of Food Safety Quality Management Certification of ISO 22000:5000. NKPL markets edible oils under the brand name of “TIRUPATI” which is distributed and sold through the wholesale and retail chain of domestic market. NKPL also supplies refined edible oils to the Government Organization on a regular basis.
Now, Triputi is all set to foray into Delhi market with a wide range of edible oils.
This advt. is related to Tirupati Lite containing MUFA, PUFA and Vitamin E, keeps you healthy and young at heart.
Photo – Stay healthy. Stay young at heart.
Do you think this is the only way to feel young at heart? This ad is promoting eve-teasing in work place.
I believe there are many more ways to feel young at heart.
1. Get physical It doesn’t matter if you don’t do any sort of sport; you just need to move your body. It could be walking, gardening or yoga.
2. Brain train You must keep your brain alert. Even simple things like reading poems or going to lectures will help. Recent research on Alzheimer’s concluded you can keep your neurons in a good state if you organise things.
3. Unleash your creativity Many people, especially in the earlier part of their lives, do not consider themselves creative. Yet once they retire they discover that they can paint or do something with their hands. Give it a go – we all have something creative inside us and it’s important to let that grow.
4. Spring-clean your life Get rid of negative emotions such as guilt, anger or regret. Solving the conflicts of your past is very important to feeling young. We all have heavy suitcases of emotions that we carry with us, and if they are full of negative emotions you can’t go on. Working through these emotions is still possible at 60, but much harder as you get older.
5. Live in the present People who are able to live in the present, which is a great key to staying young inside. Have an open attitude filled with curiosity and humour, and realise that you are lucky to grow old.
Staying young at heart requires:
- Staying young at heart requires taking on new challenges.
- Staying young at heart requires a sense of humor.
- Staying young at heart requires learning new things.
- Staying young at heart requires taking the focus off of yourself.
- Staying young at heart requires accepting that you are old.
Other factors that have been shown to slow the aging process include:
- A regular work/daily routine
- A satisfying job
- A happy marriage or long-term relationship
- Fun hobbies
- A feeling of financial security
- The ability to express feelings openly
- Close friends
- The ability to laugh easily
- An optimistic outlook on the future
Promote heart health in a better way.