Easy access to Internet everytime with Laptop and mobile data card, I’ve found myself sitting at my desk much more than I use to. Suddenly the things I use to do to stay fit and healthy weren’t as important as achieving my dreams, except what’s the point of making it if you let you health lapse in the meantime.
I’m sure you are like me; you want to be able to enjoy the fruits of your labours.
Here are my tips for staying healthy while you put in those long hours at the computer to create success or fun.
1. Find a physical activity you enjoy and commit to a daily regimen. This can take the form of swimming, gym, running, gardening, walking, and hiking. Make it something you can do every day.
2. Follow a routine. Routine will establish a discipline.
3. Eat regular meals: don’t snack at the desk. What you consume at the desk is 99% of the time junk food. Now I know the pious among you will claim you munch on carrot and celery sticks. However, for the rest of us a no food at the desk policy is the best policy.
4. Know when to push away. Internet is an endlessly fascinating work now-a-days with facebook, twitter, google plus, and more chat sites. Limit this Push away!
5. Establish a planned day off. You need the time away from your desk. You need rest and relaxation. You need to find a place of solitude where you linger over a morning sunrise, or cherish a romantic candle light dinner. Long term your health will suffer if you do not take a day off.
6. Make sure your working area is adequately lit. Dim light strains the eyes, bright light is too reflective. Do not work at your computer or laptop just by the light of the computer screen! If you wear, glasses get the anti-glare tint. For a small price you save your eyes from unnecessary work.
7. Make sure you have a good quality chair. You are spending hours every day at your desk. If your chair is uncomfortable or poorly designed you face a serious back pain problem that might rob you of your productivity. The money you invest in a good chair will pay for itself many times over.
8. Buy good quality headphones and other gear for chat. Pay more for better quality. Make sure your head set has an easy to reach volume control.
9. Drink lots of water. Water consumption for a healthy body is between 10-14 full glasses a day. Water keeps you refreshed and hydrated.
10. Socialize. Internet is anti-social in some aspects. Socialization helps you maintain perspective, and helps you relate to your prospects and their concerns and issues. Socialization keeps your self-importance in check. Socialization sharpens your sense of humour. Schedule dinners with friend, marketing trips with the buddies or for the ladies that most important of skills shopping with your girl friends and gossiping about your men.
Follow these ten health tips and live to enjoy your success with internet.
Dr. Anil Singhal, MD (Homeo)Top Ten Health Tips for Chronic Internet Users
by Dr. Anil Singhal, MD (Homeo) ( Author at Dr. Anil Singhal MD (Homeo) )
Posted on February 22nd, 2012 at 11:41 pm.
Last updated on February 29th, 2012 at 8:44 am.
Find more from Dr. Anil Singhal's Blog on: Top 10